Western Wedding Ideas
You don't need to live in Texas to be in the market for Western wedding ideas. I personally love the shabby-chic look of a Western wedding.
Today's Western themed wedding is not as "Woody from Toy Story" as you might think. Approach it as a classy-casual event, if that makes sense.
What is your reason for creating a Western wedding? Are you originally from the West or South West? Is your husband-to-be a rodeo cowboy? Or are you just a really big fan of City Slickers? Whatever the reason, there are so many ideas out there to help you create a flawless vision for your special day.
Just to help elaborate on the thought, here are some Western ideas for your wedding:
- Rent a barn as your venue. The look of the used and worn building spruced up with lights and fabrics will make the PERFECT venue!
- Use old rain barrels for giant floral arrangements.
- Wear your cow boy or cow girl boots under your dress/suit.
- Use mason jars in your floral arrangements.
- Use wheat grass in your bouquet and boutonnieres. The west runs wild with this stuff and can be found for free in most climates.
For other ideas in Westernizing your wedding shin dig:
- Bring in raw fabrics with delicate fabrics such as burlap and lace. The contrast between the two really works well together.
- Use clothespins and string to hang and display things such as table cards and signs.
- Use pops of color like teal blue, lime green and tangerine among a rustic backdrop.
- Baby's breath goes a long way with a Western wedding. It comes cheap and by the bushel. And it's timeless. Put it anywhere and everywhere to add to your theme.
You can also look for other ideas on Pinterest and Etsy. These are great places to find inspiration.
Share your Western wedding ideas on our Forums page by submitting details and photos of your wedding!